Have any of your experienced leg cramps yet?
I have had some slight cramping off and on but last weekend when I tried to run two separate times in one day I had one that finally had me limping home. Daniel was really right about stretching and how important that is. I feel like with my soccer background I have a fairly good idea about how to stretch my muscles but I found out that there is a special stretch you should be doing for a calf muscle that rarely is remembered. Maybe you are all up on it already but I thought I would include this awesome link. I always stretch the Gastrocnemius but forget the Soleus calf muscle. I think the other reason I have been cramping is because I don't drink enough water. Staying hydrated is going to be key in having a good time here in a couple weeks. Gotta just get myself to do it.
Have you guys had any injuries bothering you? I heard Jared was pushing through one. DO SHARE!
5 comments:
The stretching thing is really hard for me to remember also.
I do have an injury that is bothering me and I'm getting a little worried. My right hip is not doing so well and is really tender. It hurts really bad after I run. I'm not sure if I have a funny "gate" when I run or what...but this is new for me and I don't like it! I'm hoping for the best.
Looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the info! I also try and stretch as much as possible. I have started taking Glucosamine suppliments and its seems to be helping my joints, along with good stretching.
I have had some major pain with my IT band, to the point I went to see a personal trainer. It has been sore since, but OK until last night i had to stop after 3.5 miles and limp home, so I am going to try again tonight and see how it goes. My right hip has also been hurting like crazy, not sure if it is the hip or a muscle.
Sounds like we're all falling apart! I have a strained muscle in my calf that I have been fighting for a couple of months. It is a little better now but my Achillies tendons have been bothering me some. I stretch before and after I run...mostly just because it makes me feel better but there have been days that it has been difficult to move much the rest of the day because of aches and pains. Ugh! I hate to admit it but I think I'm getting OLD!!! My mom talked me into trying their "product" as a supplement and honestly, after you choke it down, I have been feeling better lately. Hopefully it lasts.
One thing the trainer told me was to heat before running, stretch, run, stretch and then ice when you are done. and take IB that will keep the swelling down.
Post a Comment