Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Energy Boost

I came across this FRS energy stuff in Moab and thought I would give it a try. I used the liquid formula mixed with water in my camel back for the Slick Rock and Porcupine Rim Trail's (we did these one right after the other). At the end of day (we finished Porcupine Rim at 10:00 pm) I have never felt so fresh after something so vigorous in my life (and I have done a lot of cross-country ski racing and tons of trail runs and mountain biking so, that is saying something). 
I thought I would post this for the purpose of letting everyone know about this FRS mix and not to brag about mountain biking and skiing.... cuz come race day I will definitely need some of this FRS mix to keep up with all of you.  The website is www.frs.com, let me know what you think about this stuff. I figured if it was good enough for Lance Armstrong it was good enough for me. Share your thoughts and opinions. What does everyone else do to keep the energy up while racing? I think I remember Daniel mentioning something about him cooking up a big pasta dinner the night before!

3 comments:

Rowwzza said...

Sounds like good stuff, I haven't heard of it but i will have to check it out!

Daniel said...

Thanks for the post Frank. I need to get some of that stuff too. I am thinking of taking some energy gue during the race. Last year I remember it helped a lot. Anything high calorie during the race will be good for energy.

Frank said...

I saw the energy drink at Whole Foods in SLC.....